Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Here It Goes

  Hello everyone. This is my blog. What makes it different than any other blog that is obsessed with food and weight loss? I couldn't tell you. I don't read many of them.  This isn't really a pro-anything, but a way to record how I feel and what I'm doing on my journey of self control.
  I know I'm not the only one out there going through this. I'm hoping that I can find people who are in the same boat as me and we can share some of our same dilemmas.
  As you can see in my profile, I have a food obsession. Not just in the "I-want-to-lose-a-few-pounds-way". More of "I'm-already-on-the-darkside" way. I couldn't tell you exactly how it began or what triggers it to return. I can tell you that I, like many, fall into the statistics of coming from a verbally abusive home,  a physically abusive home, family problems with alcohol abuse, sexual abuse, etc. Again, nothing that makes me stand out as being different, but something that maybe...I don't know, helps me connect with others?
  I hope that writing here and sharing with you all will help me recognize some things about myself. Perhaps we can help each other. I'm not talking about dieting tips, weight loss tips, or anything like that. This isn't a place to come to if you want tips and tricks. That's not what this is about. This is about me, and possibly you, going through our own personal hell, trying to function as everyone else, and yet fearing that we're not perfect. Afraid that others will see that and fault us for it. Is it so wrong to just want to be happy? So what if being thin makes us happy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment